- To secure continuity and growth on the school Board
a. Widen Board membership to support the school’s strategic needs.
b. Create a governance structure that supports the continuing oversight of the school’s founding trustees.
c. Ensure the purpose and values of the school are safeguarded as the Board of trustees expands.
- To develop Board communications and Board-school partnerships.
a. Enhance the value of community, and strengthen purpose, between the Board and all stakeholders.
- To deliver outstanding facilities to accommodate school growth to 248, Grades 6 – 12. The Board is committed to extending Halcyon into the primary years. We are currently exploring plans for opening Halcyon’s primary school in the next few years.
- As our school grows, we aim to provide a London campus which will support our values and our mission, and facilitate the delivery of an outstanding learning experience.
- To optimise the current facility: We will undertake a strategic review of the use of the Seymour Place site, to ensure the most effective use of space in support of our learning outcomes.
- To manage financial risk as the school grows: To ensure that our financial model best supports school growth while maintaining high standards and minimising risk to the school.
- To further develop the Bursary programme, better defining the scope of, and access to, the programme by establishing relationships with feeder schools and bursary organisations.
- To develop more effective use of data in support of learning.
Ensure learning and instruction is optimally informed by all available learning data, which is openly accessible and efficiently distributed.
- To continue to build learner autonomy.
A focus on innovation in support of stronger student engagement and voice, more effective goal-setting and reflection; and developing resilience – raising expectations of student self-management.
- To ensure informed, effective curriculum transition.
To best meet the diverse learning needs of students new to our school, with particular attention to Grade 6. Ensure that we provide students with the right tools to make a successful transition from MYP to DP.
- To establish an institutional process for the review and development of learning outcomes.
To provide a sustainable, systemic, approach to the design and evaluation of curricular (IB) learning outcomes/impacts.
- To expand and develop social emotional learning (SEL).
The development of sustainable curricular programmes and institutional understandings in support of social and emotional competencies, across the community.
- To review IB Approaches to Learning (ATL) and align with SEL.
Ensuring coherence as we create new understandings about the place of SEL in our curriculum and review ATL outcomes.
- To review our schedule to ensure it is mission-driven and best supports the delivery of the curriculum.
- To develop and expand our work experience programme.
As our school expands, we aim to provide a comprehensive introduction to the world of work, as a support for choices made both for diploma subject choice and university options.
- To explore opportunities for the delivery of online curriculum.
- To improve the experience of transition for families new to Halcyon.
To provide our new families with the most effective induction to the IB, to international education, to London and to the particular experience of learning at Halcyon.
- To assess and renew the intentional creation of an equitable, inclusive and diverse community.
A commitment to continue building and nurturing a community that provides equitable opportunities and wellbeing to all.
- To develop mutually beneficial, mission-driven, external partnerships.
- To develop and deliver an effective, mission-driven alumni programme.
- To clarify our brand and messaging, to better support our strategic policies and mission.
- To attract and retain high quality staff.
To ensure that our HR systems – our recruitment practice, on-boarding process, professional development programs, employment package, feedback and evaluation opportunities, and professional support – mean we are best placed to recruit and retain high quality staff.
- To review evaluation processes of Director, SLT and administrative staff.