Halcyon London International School was inspected by Ofsted on 4-6 April 2017. The full report can be viewed here.
Personal Information and Data Protection
The personal data you supply to Halcyon London International School will only be used in connection with your application for a school place. It will be held securely in line with the Data Protection Act.
Data Protection Act: Halcyon is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Registration number: Z3550003.
Third Party Disclosure
We may share your personal data with third parties if we have a legal obligation to do so. We may share your personal data if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Cookies and Technology
Halcyon London International School is a non-denominational school and does not discriminate against any individual in any way on the basis of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin in the administration of its recruitment, admissions, and educational policies.
Halcyon London International School has a Complaints Procedure. The number of complaints registered under the formal procedure during the preceding school year is: 0.
Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Halcyon London International School via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in The General Data Protection (GDPR) EU 2016/679.|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Halcyon London International School, or us||Halcyon London International School, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 33 whose registered office is at Seymour Place, London, W1H 5AU;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Halcyon London International School and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Halcyon London International School and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, halcyonschool.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
- For purposes of The General Data Protection Act (GDPR) EU 2016/679, Halcyon London International School is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit in accordance with our guidelines for establishing legitimate interest..
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of The General Data Protection Act (GDPR) EU 2016/679 . For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- admissions processes;
Third party websites and services
- Halcyon London International School may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Halcyon London International School (where such Data is held).
- Data security is of great importance to Halcyon London International School and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Should you block cookies (in your browser) certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
Type of Cookie
- Purpose – Analytical/performance cookies
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
25 May 2018