Admissions |Inspired by Halcyon
“Halcyon brings a high standard of life-readying education to one of the most culturally diverse, academically rich and historically important cities in the world.” – Good Schools Guide
Halcyon welcomes students who are prepared to embark on a challenging programme of learning to discover their unique potential. It is important to us that we are the right fit for your family.
We are transparent about the kind of learner that thrives in Halcyon’s pioneering, self-directed, and rigorous International Baccalaureate learning environment.
1. strong academic performance, as determined by school reports/transcripts/references and, if necessary, an indicative assessment at Halcyon.
2. good intrapersonal skills; self-discipline and a curious, independent sense of inquiry.
3. good interpersonal skills; the ability to collaborate effectively with peers and adults and to build positive social connections.
4. positive engagement with extra- or co-curricular activities.
5. personal engagement with activities which support the community.
6. sufficient English language proficiency to access learning. The school reserves the right not to admit applicants whose command of English would not allow them to access the curriculum and have a reasonable opportunity for success.
Applicants for whom there has not been a full, accurate, disclosure of educational records, including all previous psychological/educational testing, will not be considered for admission.
We accept applications throughout the school year, dependent on space in each grade. Throughout the Admissions process, Halcyon’s Director and Admissions Committee will get to know your family on an individual basis.
As we review your application, we will aim to demonstrate the holistic, thoughtful and balanced approach to decision-making that we expect from our students.
Our community ensures every Halcyon student receives a warm welcome, at school and beyond.
We offer families and students access to our Halcyon Buddy Programme, Halcyon Parent Community events, our English Plus and Mother Tongue Programmes, University and Careers Counselling support and Learning Support.
Admissions Bursaries serve new entrants to the school, where a place has been offered and Parents are unable to fully fund the school fees themselves.
Each student to whom support is offered must, in the opinion of the Admissions Director and the Director, possess the potential to take full advantage of Halcyon’s approach to education.
Please contact Kate Allan, Admissions Director.Contact Kate
Our Open House events feature a presentation from our Director on our International Baccalaureate curriculum, Explorations Programme, Wellbeing Programme and more. Our student ambassadors will be present to answer your questions and explore our campus with you.