What makes these classes special is that there is not a maximum or minimum hours for community service projects. It is all self-led and students decide what they would like to do. What students need to complete their service is to have a varied, thoughtful, and positive list of activities that have developed their knowledge and enabled them to take responsibility of the community around them.
Role of the student
- To plan meaningful experiences
- To participate in school initiated experiences
- To show an awareness of their own strengths and areas for growth
- To undertake challenges that develop new skills
- To reflect on all experiences
- To present an overview and summary of learning
“Before CAS, I felt like one person couldn’t make a difference. CAS pushes you and helps brings motivation and shows one person can have an impact.”
“I really want to continue some activities at university, such as MUN, kickboxing and football. I have started these and CAS let me make time for them. I enjoy them so much. I am happy that CAS requires me to do these activities.”
Halcyon's chosen charities
Our students aim to build relationships and to have a measurable and sustainable impact with their selected charities.
Discover what our students do to complete their Service classes.