We are delighted to inform you that, following our recent Ofsted inspection, our school has been rated Outstanding. Not only did we achieve an overall rating of Outstanding, we did so in every category, as follows:
Overall effectiveness: Outstanding
Effectiveness of leadership and management: Outstanding
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment: Outstanding
Personal development, behaviour and welfare: Outstanding
Outcomes for pupils: Outstanding
Sixth-form provision: Outstanding
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our entire community for your contributions toward this important achievement. We could not have attain this without the extraordinary dedication of our staff, the continuous support of our parent community, and the engagement of every student in our school.
Please do take the time to read the full report as we hope you will enjoy the detail paid to our many efforts that led to this Outstanding rating. We have, however, listed some of the main findings below:
- Leaders and staff have created a culture which brings out the best in everyone, where morale is high and where parents can be confident that their children are safe from harm.
- Pupils conduct themselves extremely well in lessons and around school. They are polite, courteous and respectful, and they work very hard to achieve their ambitions.
- Pupils achieved very well overall in the 2016 international assessments. Pupils currently in the school make outstanding progress.
- Staff give pupils exceptional opportunities to take responsibility for many aspects of school life. They are very well prepared to become the leaders of tomorrow.
- Teaching over time is outstanding. Teachers plan activities that engage pupils in their learning. They give insightful feedback so that pupils know how to improve their work.
- Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted exceptionally well. Pupils are resilient and very thoughtful in their approach to tackling problems.
- The sixth form (IB Diploma) is outstanding. Excellent teaching and assessment have been instrumental in bringing about very strong outcomes.
This is a notable achievement for any school, and particularly for such a young school such as ours. We should celebrate the success we have enjoyed, and use this as platform to continue to innovate, collaborate and strengthen our learning community.
Thank you for your support for our school, especially to our students, who met with the inspection team, and to all of our parents who took the time to complete the feedback survey. We cannot stress how impressed the inspection team was with the attitude and personal responsibility of our students, and the overwhelmingly positive response they received from parents.
As a digital school, we would like to ensure we publicise this fantastic news to best benefit the school. May we ask that if you are using Social Media platforms, please Retweet, Like or Share these posts among your circles;
Finally, we would like to thank our teaching and administrative team, without whom none of this would be possible. It is a pleasure and privilege to work with such dedicated and talented professionals.